Karla With A Kay is looking for contributors!
We are not your average chick mag.
We want to cover topics that you don’t see in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Vibe Vixen, or Latina magazine.
If you are tired of business as usual in women’s periodicals, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for contributors to write interesting, thought-provoking, insightful articles on the following topics:
- Sports (men’s and women’s, extreme sports, etc. it’s all fair game… no pun intended)
- Sex and Relationships (Real but tasteful)
- Urban Arts & Culture (local artists, performers, actors, musicians, etc.)
- Social Issues (gentrification, education, food justice, etc)
- Entertainment (restaurants, clubs, films, gaming, etc)
- Health & Fitness
YOU ARE PERFECT FOR US IF:
- You have learned about our mission and vision and feel just a passionate about celebrating women in all walks of life.
- You are tired of seeing the same old stuff in women’s magazines, as if all we think and talk about is fashion, makeup, and celebrities.
- You have a vision for what the future of our little labor of love could be, and you want to be a part of shaping its future.
- You want to serve others through your work, and are excited to share your unique voice and writing style.
- You love writing, and can commit to submitting AT LEAST ONE article EVERY WEEK.
- You enjoy the idea of being a part of a team of smart, devoted, purpose-driven women who want to change the world.
- You are okay with being an unpaid contributor for the time being.
WE LOVE YOU, BUT THIS IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You aren’t sure whether you can commit to submitting articles on a consistent basis.
- You don’t really GET what our website is about.
- Your ONLY interest for wanting to contributing is to promote your business/services.
- You aren’t aligned with our purpose.
- You work needs too much editing.
- If the idea of working with us doesn’t feel like a “HELL YES!” We want you, but we want you to want us, too. No half-stepping, boo.
So, if this sounds like YOU, here’s what you gotta do!
1. Send us links to two published articles or blog posts that you have written within the past two years. If you don’t have anything publishes, please send us two samples of your writing that best represent your voice and style. Although scholarly essays show us how smart you are, our writing is very modern and relatable, even slightly inappropriate. We prefer writing that is more personally styled.
2. Pitch us two story ideas that are aligned with our brand and messaging. If you can, include links to images and vids that relate to the content.
3. Send your submission, along with your name and contact information (including email and social media links) to Contribute@karlawithakay.com.
We will review all submission and respond back within one week.
Thank you so much for your interest in being a part of the KWaK team. You Matter!